KYBELLA® for the Chin
KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment to improve the appearance of submental fullness, also known as “Double Chin.”
Images courtesy of KYBELLA®.
Receive exclusive promotions and event invites
About the procedure
An ultra-fine needle is used to inject a very small amount of KYBELLA® to specific areas of the chin. KYBELLA causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. The active ingredient in KYBELLA is deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
Proper KYBELLA treatments can improve the appearance of submental fullness, creating a stronger, more youthful chin profile.
Length of results
Elizabeth will customize your KYBELLA treatment regimen, including how many treatments you need, based on your desired chin profile. Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 treatment sessions. Up to 6 treatment sessions may be needed, at six weeks apart.
Risks and complications to consider
The most common side effects of KYBELLA include: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of firmness in the treatment area. Elizabeth will explain the possible side effects to you before beginning treatment.
Prepare for your treatment
- Stop taking medications that can thin the blood a week before treatment. Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, garlic supplements, Ginko, and high doses of vitamin E supplements one week before treatment and 48 hours after treatment. Tylenol may be substituted for pain medication.
- Avoid drinking alcohol a few days before treatment.
- Expect potential for swelling, bruising, and/or redness to the area treated.
- You may use ice/cold packs or oral analgesics (e.g., NSAIDs) to help reduce swelling; ask Elizabeth for recommendations.
- Schedule your followup KYBELLA treatment (if suggested) approximately six weeks out.
KYBELLA® Patient Brochure
Find out if this treatment is right for you
Did you know you can help maintain results at home?
Medical grade products are different.View Skin Care Products